Health Economics, Policy and Management (master's two years)
The two-year master’s degree programme in Health Economics, Policy and Management (HEPMA) is a full time multidisciplinary programme that offers three specializations; Health economics, Health management and Economic evaluation.
HEPMA prepares you, as a student, for administrative and executive positions in health care organizations. You will be able to use the knowledge of economics, public administration and law to analyse and understand health policy issues on both macro and micro level. At the end of the study programme you should have knowledge, skills and competence required to solve the challenges facing healthcare systems and elevate your career in the health sector; including municipalities, hospitals and health enterprises, insurance companies, directorates and health ministries. By choosing a specialization in Health Management, Health Economics or Economic Evaluation, you will be able to go into depth in a field that specifically interests you.
Structure of program:
The master programme is a full –time programme and it includes 120 credits.
The programme consists of:
· 30 credits of mandatory fundamental courses (1st semester)
· Specialisation or General programme (2nd and 3rd semester- 60 credits)
· Thesis work (4th semester - 30 credits)
Admission to master's degree studies requires:
· Higher Education Entrance Qualification and a completed bachelor's degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree. Applicants with foreign education, please refer to the country list.
· a specialization defined by the programme
· a minimum grade average of C (in the Norwegian grading scale) or equivalent from the specialization in your degree
A language requirement documented by one of the tests/exams below:
· Passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) with a minimum grade of 4 in Norwegian upper secondary school (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or passed examination in English from second and/or third school year in Norwegian upper secondary school, or
· An internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
Admission to the Master’s Degree Programme in Health Economics, Policy, and Management requires a Bachelor’s Degree in either Health Management and Health Economics, Social Sciences, Economics, Public Administration or Health Sciences.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences must have at least 60 ECTS credits within Social Sciences or Economics.
Length and timing of program:
The HEPMA program is a full time programme over two years. Study start in August/September.
Online or residential/on-site program:
URL for more details of program:
< Back to all University Training Programs