Below are tips on updating your member settings in your SocialLink profile to ensure you are getting the most out of SocialLink! This will also ensure that you are receiving important emails and notifications.
To access your profile:
- Login with your username and password on the iHEA website - if you have forgotten your password, please select "Forgot your Password?" or email the iHEA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once logged in, click on the dropdown with your name at the top of the page and select "Account + Settings".
- You will then be taken to your profile section. Here you should see various tabs on the left side.
To update your profile:
- Select the "profile" tab. Here you will be able to update the information in your membership profile, change your password, username, contact email address and email communication preferences if needed.
Updating your settings:
- Select the "Information & Settings" tab. You will then see various options at the top.
- In the "preferences" tab you can adjust which email notifications you will receive. You can also select your timezone here to ensure you receive updates in a timely manner. We suggest reviewing all of these options to ensure that you are receiving important notifications!
- We suggest having the following notifications turned on: "Email me when I receive a connection invite"; "Email me when a new message arrives"; "Display my online now status and allow others to start a chat with me"; "Email me when an event is added to a group of which I am a member".
- We also suggest subscribing to receive SocialLink updates (Weekly or daily) - this can be done at the bottom of the "preferences" page.
- In the "forum settings" tab you can adjust the notifications you receive on forums that you are subscribed to. If you are not subscribed to any forums, there will be nothing to change in this section. You must subscribe to a forum directly within the forum.
- In the "blog subscriptions" tab you can adjust the notifications you receive on blogs that you are subscribed to. Similar to the forum settings, nothing will appear here if you do not subscribe to any blogs within SocialLink.
- In the "referrals" section you can invite colleagues to join iHEA.
- In the "manage social sign-on" tab you can connect your social accounts to your SocialLink account. If you actively use your social media accounts we would highly suggest doing this!
If you have any further questions on SocialLink, please reach out to us at email@example.com.