Submitting Proposals to Establish a Special Interest Group
iHEA is accepting proposals to establish Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that would provide a platform for professional interaction between iHEA members. Organizing and participating in collegial activity related to a topic of common interest offers tremendous professional growth opportunities and intellectual rewards. The SIGs are envisaged as 'by iHEA members for iHEA members'. Proposals to establish SIGs can be submitted to email@example.com at any stage and the iHEA Board will consider proposals at regular intervals and at least every six months.
SIGs may focus on specific health economics research issues, methodological approaches and/or capacity development initiatives. We particularly encourage proposal(s) to establish SIGs that focus on issues of relevance to low- and middle-income countries.
SIGs approved by the iHEA Board will be offered:
- A page on the iHEA website to advertise SIG activities to all;
- A dedicated group in the iHEA member community and mobile app that facilitates discussion among group members;
- A moderated blog or discussion list for iHEA members who join the SIG (summarized updates would be available to anyone interested);
- Support in communicating via the iHEA mailing lists and social media channels;
- Support for webinars for iHEA members; and
- A special organized session at the biennial iHEA congress, after review via the Scientific Committee process.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Proposed name of the SIG;
- Background: Explain the focus of the proposed SIG, why the area of focus is of particular importance and why it is likely to be of interest to iHEA members;
- Aim and objectives of the proposed SIG;
- Proposed activities of the SIG;
- List of iHEA members willing to contribute to SIG activities: A basic requirement for consideration of an SIG proposal is at least 10 iHEA members expressing a willingness to participate in the SIG, preferably from different regions with at least some from high-income countries and some from low- and middle-income countries; and
- Names and brief biographies of proposed convener(s) of SIG who would take responsibility for developing the program of work and its implementation.
If you would like to discuss your ideas for an SIG proposal, please contact the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).