Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered some of your frequently asked questions about 2019 iHEA World Congress.
1. When is the abstract submission deadline?
The new deadline for all submissions is Thursday, December 13, 2018 23:59 EST.
2. How will I know if my abstract has been accepted?
You will be notified if your abstract has been accepted via email in March, 2019.
3. Can I modify my abstract after I submit it?
Yes – you may modify your abstract at any time before Monday, December 10, 2018. You may access your abstract via the abstract submission portal or via the link provided in your submission confirmation email.
Please ensure you hit “save” at the bottom of the page where modifications are made.
4.Can I withdraw my abstract? How do I do this?
Yes – you may withdraw your abstract at any time before Monday, December 10, 2018 via the abstract submission portal. Using the menu on the left-hand side go to options > withdraw > submit. After the stated deadline, please email email@example.com to withdraw your abstract.
5. How do I know if my submission was received?
You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting your abstract.
6. What do I do if I have lost my confirmation email?
You can request a copy of this email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, institution, abstract title, and abstract ID (if available).
7. If I cannot attend the congress to present my abstract, can one of the co-authors present it on my behalf?
Yes, co-authors may present on your behalf at the congress. Please email email@example.com to inform us if there is a change in presenter.
8. Where will my abstract be published?
Abstracts will be published on the official congress mobile app and website.
9. How long are the sessions?
Presentation sessions at the congress are 90 minutes each.
10. Where can I find more information on the Special Invited Session topics and Broad Fields?
More information can be found at the bottom of the page under “Important Documents” here.
11. Can I add tables and images to my abstract?
You may add tables, bullets, lists, and special characters to your abstract. You may not add images.
12. Do I need to be an iHEA member to submit an abstract?
No – however you will be required to log in to submit an abstract and you will be prompted to create a free non-member account.
13. I am having difficulties with my abstract submission. Who should I contact?
For technical support please click here.
For general inquiries about abstract submissions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.