iHEA will hold elections in October-November for a new member of the Board of Directors and a President-Elect. For the coming four-year term for Board Directors, beginning January 1st 2020, there is one vacant board position as Director to be elected by the membership. The President-Elect, who serves a six-year term (two years as President-Elect, two years as President, and two years as Past-President), is to be elected by the membership from a slate of at least two candidates.
More details on the Board composition and changes over the last few year to improve iHEA governance can be found here and the iHEA Bylaws can be seen here.
Interested members of iHEA who are willing to contribute to the running and further development of the association are encouraged to express their interest by sending their CV and a letter of motivation, which should include information on how the nominee meets the iHEA Bylaws' criteria outlined below. The letter should indicate which of the positions the interest relates to (i.e. Director or President-Elect).
Candidates for Director should be:
- an economist working on health and health care; and
- an iHEA member for at least the previous 2 years.
Candidates for President-Elect should:
- be an internationally known economist working on health and health care;
- be an iHEA member for at least the previous 5 years, who has made important contributions to iHEA by having served on the Board, a Board committee (such as the Arrow Award, Student Prize, Finance or similar committee) or congress local organizing committee;
- have networking skills and international connections; and
- be willing to be an active president and build programs for iHEA.
Please send expression of interest to email@example.com by September 26. If you would like any further information, please contact the iHEA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the first half of October, the Nominating Committee will review all expressions of interest and their recommendations will be considered by the iHEA Board. All those who have expressed their interest will receive feedback from the Nominating Committee. Candidates for election will be provided with an opportunity to prepare an election statement and related material that will be uploaded onto the iHEA website. Opportunities to engage with the candidates will be provided in the first half of November and voting will take place between 18-27 November.