Call for proposals to host the 2021 iHEA World Congress
iHEA is interested in receiving expressions of interest from health economics research organizations to host the 2021 World Congress on Health Economics, for between 1,000 to 1,500 delegates. We particularly encourage proposals from regions of the world that have not yet hosted an iHEA congress. The background information on iHEA congresses indicates the key requirements for hosting such a congress and will allow you to determine your eligibility. These initial proposals should be relatively brief (about 5 pages long) and will be used to short-list candidates from whom to request full proposals. Proposals should include the following information:
- A brief motivation on why you would like to host an iHEA congress;
- Background information on the institution(s) that would host the congress and the person proposed to chair the Local Organizing Committee (LOC);
- Proposed location of the congress, including describing the proximity to an international airport that has flights from and to a wide range of countries;
- An assessment of any visa requirements for your country and whether or not congress delegates will experience difficulties in securing visas;
- The number of delegates you would hope to attract to the congress;
- A description of the available facilities, demonstrating how they meet the space and equipment requirements outlined below and confirmation of the availability of these venues during the congress period (Saturday to Wednesday, preferably in the second week in July);
- An indication of what catering services are available for provision of mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments and lunches;
- A brief overview of delegate accommodation options in close proximity to the congress venue (e.g. bed capacity and price range of nearby hotels; low-cost alternatives to large hotels);
- An indication of what costs will be incurred onsite for the congress, including indicating what will be provided as an in-kind contribution by the institution and whether any charges will be levied by the host institution – you are not required to develop a budget but rather to identify and describe the nature of all likely local expenses and how these may vary with different numbers of delegates (e.g. 1,000-1,500 delegates);
- An indication of what national organizations could be approached to contribute to funding the congress; and
- An indication of any significant risk factors that could affect the congress happening as proposed (e.g. factors that could result in the venue not being available, political factors, delegate safety concerns).
Please approach the iHEA Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your interest in submitting a proposal and to obtain additional guidance in preparing an initial proposal. Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by January 31, 2018.
Click here to review background information on the iHEA Congresses.