Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join
Member-elected Director Forum
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Candidate question - maximising the value of iHEA for non-academic members 8 M. Hensher Hi, Martin, We have also met, many years ago - perhaps as part of the London Health Economics Consortium?  I've been involved for many years in running a research consortium that explicitly aims to conduct research that influences policy and practice:  this often means engaging government economists to identify research priorities, working with them to access data, and also interacting to ensure that we're producing results that are timely and in a form that is useful to them.  All this to say that I recognise the different interests and needs of those economists who are working in the real world.  I think the suggestions of special interest groups and newsletters are excellent as ways of supporting greater interaction among this group.  In fact, I've just been to a meeting where we discussed the value of networks linking government economists working in low- and middle income settings, as a way of encouraging sharing of evidence about policy change.  However, I'd also like to see more engagement between academic and government economists - so I think we can also revisit the format of the congress and explore options more effectively support dialogue between professional economists and those working in university settings, for example in plenary debates and as discussants in sessions. These are exactly the sorts of member-driven concerns that the Board should be addressing. So thank you very much for your question! All best wishes, Kara    
by K. Hanson
Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Contact Us

411 Richmond Street East, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5A 3S5
Canada

Email: ihea@healtheconomics.org

Connect

iHEA

The International Health Economics Association was formed to increase communication among health economists, foster a higher standard of debate in the application of economics to health and health care systems, and assist young researchers at the start of their careers.

Read More About Us